Custom web applications
are a great tool that many businesses are using to streamline their operations and increase efficiency, but deciding on whether or not to outsource the development of custom software for your business is a big decision.
A custom-developed business application enables a business to run its major activities in a secure & innovative way that helps in keeping a proper track of all business activities. It refers to building an application exclusively for a specific need.
Although custom web development has some upfront costs & work required to build this solution, it provides significant benefits to a business in the long run. Since every business has its requirements, it is challenging to solve multiple tasks in one product. So, developing a custom application is better, which makes the process measurable. Having said that, this business application is made to suit the company’s needs and requirements.
What is Custom Web Development?
Custom web development is a process of creating a web application without using any website builder and CMS. Developers craft a website, web portal or software from scratch and make is fully customized as per business functionality. This helps you in the increment in the traffic and clicks on your websites. To boost the sales of business now companies are getting their websites updated and upgraded according to the latest trends.
Taking a more in-depth look, let’s explore how custom Web Development makes a business more reliable?
Functionality Optimised for Your Business
– An out-of-the-box solution might be simple and cost-effective, but in these situations, you unfortunately get what you pay for. And frankly, it pays to go with more functionality. This is because if you want your software application to streamline processes, be compatible with all your other programs, and update in real time, it’s better to go with a custom solution rather than a boxed one. Custom solutions simply offer more. In fact, a recent survey of IT executives found that most choose to go with custom software because they couldn’t find exactly what they needed on the market. In the end, the improved efficiency of your business is well worth the initial investment, saving you time and money in the long run.
– Businesses can easily adapt to changes with customized software apps. Business procedures need to change rapidly as they continue to evolve with the latest trends in technology.
Therefore, the custom software you use should also be open to new processes and can be easily altered as needed.
With custom development software, new changes can easily be integrated into the existing app. Meanwhile, it also allows the business process to have more room to grow without experiencing any downtime.
– Security has always been a hot topic on the internet. However, major security breaches in the last couple of years (Ashley Madison and Equifax are two prime examples), internet and website security has become a major focus for search engines, as well as consumers. It has gotten to the point where Google has set Chrome to automatically warn users if they’re entering any information on a form that’s hosted on a page that does not have SSL installed.
Data security is more important now than it’s ever been. Many times, an organization’s software houses records of a sensitive nature, such as medical or banking information. You must also keep employee data safe. If you or someone else discovers a security flaw, you are at the mercy of the provider to take care of it in a timely fashion.
If you build your own, however, you will have the ability to implement security standards that are as rigid as you want. Boxed software often needs to be a bit more open in order to work in different environments. Since it has a custom solution, it is designed to work in a very specific setting, leaving less potential vulnerabilities.
– Bespoke custom software is the latest trend among small enterprises. It is mainly made for the enterprise, keeping-in-mind particular functionality. It offers several services over off-the-shelf software. Custom software is just not the combination of some common functionality. It is designed in iterative methodology, taking into account all the hidden risks and nuances which is not included in the original specifications. It is generally developed to fulfill specific requirements of clients which serves the particular business needs. There is no need to have any software licenses from the vendor. Businesses can rely entirely on this software which best fits. If at all there is any problem it can be fixed during the formulation stage of the software. This is one of the most important benefits.
– If you’re like any other business, you have a bunch of different programs for organization and productivity. Pre-made products do not communicate well with “outside” software. Quite often, they’re built specifically to communicate well with sister products to get customers to buy their other products, or even an entire suite.
Custom solutions, on the other hand, are intuitive to your needs. They are built with your current programs in mind. Best of all, you won’t be hamstrung by any limitations when you look for other solutions in the future. You can always tweak your software to work with new ones as they’re implemented.
– Custom-made solutions are the right decision for the business which fits into the budget. The custom application works efficiently and can provide a solution to every business. There is always a development team to support and maintain.
This is just a small portion of the benefits which will impact the organization. The custom-made software solution can even streamline the work with third-parties and vendors who are playing a significant role in the processes..
Technocrats Horizons is fully equipped to build you a custom solution. We listen to your needs and ask questions that your customers would, and use your input to build you a solution that will not only look as unique as your business is but also optimized for you and your customers